Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Donations for over $25000

I wanted to thank all the people (friends, family and strangers) who donated money to the relief effort and trusted me with distributing this money. In all, I have collected $5270. This includes $1000 personal donation, as well as four big anonymous donations of $1000, $662, $500 and $500. The rest of the $1400 ranges from $20 - $100.

Of this amount, I have distributed $2500 to needy families and relief supplies. The rest which equals $2770 (166,200 Rupees) is going to be donated to Sungi Development Foundation for work in Balakot and Battagram area. This is the organization that I spent 16 days working with and I believe them to be one of the best implementation partner in the disaster area. They are currently working with UN World Food program, Oxfam and Save the Children as well.

Another piece of good news is that EKTA & FOSA (Organizations for promoting peace on South Asia) had a fund raiser on November 19th, 2005. In that fund raiser they collected nearly $50,000 of which $20,000 (1.2 million rupees) and we are currently in negotiations to donate that to Sungi as well. I would include the $2770 in those programs. We are currently meeting with their Executive Director Ms. Samina Khan in looking for project specific proposal and monitoring efforts.

I will keep all of you updated on the progress of the distribution and its implementation. Further donations can be made at

SUNGI Development Foundation,
Dollar Account No. 412-2 Branch Code 0585
MCB
Star Branch, Abbottabad, Swift Code: MUCBPKKA

No comments: